Pregnancy is a period when your body undergoes a great deal of physical and emotional challenges.
ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) and Natoonal Health Portal of India ( NHP), recommends moderate exercises of 20 – 30 mnts per day during pregnancy.
As per US National Library of Medicine and National Institute of Health, regular moderate exercise during pregnancy appears to modestly increase the chance for normal delivery among healthy pregnant women and even relatively reducing the risk of caesarean delivery.
As per “American Pregnancy Association”, Exercise during pregnancy helps to alleviate many of the common problems of pregnancy.
Trigunathmika has been specifically designed to alleviates the challenges during pregnancy and help women stay physically and emotionally healthy. The mix of different types of fitness regimes in Trigunatmika offer a 360 degree workout.
- Yoga is a complete mind and body workout. Yoga helps, tone your muscles, and improve your balance and circulation during pregnancy – all with very little impact on your joints. Yoga routines when coordinated with breathing helps in relaxation which is vital during pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Barre : They focus on strengthening the core, hips and legs—exactly what you need to stay stable and strong, during pregnancy and use later on when it's time to push. Building a strong physical foundation will also help you bounce back much quicker postpartum.
- Strength training - helps increase muscle strength in the body. It helps you build stamina, which you need during labor and delivery. It can also help you keep your weight gain within a healthy range for your body.
- Pilates: help stretch and strengthen the core and lower limbs. Having a strong core leads to lesser back pain and postural problems. Also, pelvic strength is very critical during labour and birth. A strong core and pelvis is better equipped to handle labour pains.
Prentally, it is key to build strength and confidence in yourself. Exercising also releases endorphins. A hormone that keeps you happy and helps deal with stress. Take few minutes off every day to focus on building a stronger and happier you! REMEMBER HEALTHY MOTHER HEALTHY BABY.
Benefits of staying active during pregnancy:
Special benefits of physical activity during pregnancy:
- Exercise can ease and prevent aches and pains of pregnancy including constipation, varicose veins, backaches and exhaustion.
- Active women seem to be better prepared for labor and delivery and recover more quickly.
- Exercise may lower the risk of preeclampsia and gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
- Fit women have an easier time getting back to a healthy weight after delivery.
- Regular exercise may improve sleep during pregnancy.
- Staying active can protect your emotional health. Pregnant women who exercise seem to have better self-esteem and a lower risk of depression and anxiety.