Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful moment in the life of a woman, yet it can be overwhelming challenging, especially when you are working. Irregular meal timings and stress at work can Fitness and a balanced diet goes hand in hand for a safe and healthy pregnancy. However, it can be difficult for working pregnant women to take out time to easy to do stretching and strengthening exercises that can be done at work or home in a short time to alleviate the commonly faced discomforts. Here is a sample of “Easy to do” stretches to help relieve tension in the muscles and feel good.
Exercise for working mothers
1) Torso Stretch: Standing with arm above your head, Palms touching, lean towards right, return to center and lean to the left.
2) Shoulder Stretch: Standing, Bring hands behind your back, fingers laced. Squeeze the shoulder blades together, pulling them back
3) Quadriceps stretch: Bend the knee and grab the ankle or foot, Pull the knee gently back to feel the stretch while holding a chair or wall with the other hand.
4) Squat: Separate the feet wider than hip width apart and go down to a deep squat, holding the chair for support initially. Hold for 5 breaths.
5) Neck Stretch: Tilt your head to the right, bringing your ear close to the shoulder. Hold and return to center. Switch sides.
6. Upper back stretch: Clasp your hand in front to feel the stretch in upperback, lowering the head and keeping your chin close to the chest.
7. Shoulder rolls: Roll your shoulder forward and then backward.
8. Calf Stretch: Stand with one leg behind, other knee bent at 90 degrees, back foot facing forward, hand on the wall. Lift the back heel up and hold for 3-5 breaths and bring it down. Repeat on the other leg.
Remember to breathe normally and repeat 3-5 times holding each stretch for 3-5 breaths. Listen to your body and don’t overstretch.
The exercises suggested can be easily done at your workplace or home. Next time, we will have a look at some of the strengthening exercises that can be safely done during pregnancy.
So go ahead, make a fitness plan and start today…….
REMEMBER: “HEALTHY MOTHER, HEALTHY BABY”.
Co-Founder & Fitness Consultant
I love 9 Months